In order to be able to guarantee the issuance of Quality Survey Reports, Africa Marine Surveys has worked out a “General Procedure Manual”. This is our internal Quality Management Process, which is strictly applied by all surveyors of the network.
Operations Control Center ensures a strict abidance by all offices to the “General Procedure Manual”.
It includes :
• An introduction to Marine Insurance, to familiarize our surveyors with the surrounding aspects of their jobs, to make them better understand what our clients need from them
• General Working procedures during surveys, focusing on the importance to :
* proceed on a joint basis with all the other parties involved
* thoroughly examine causes and circumstances of the damage
* precisely calculate the amount of the damage
• General Working procedures during tally, focusing on the importance to :
* tally jointly with the other parties involved after having properly invited them to attend
* have all the tally sheets counter-signed on a daily basis with all parties involved
• Special ad hoc procedures worked out for specific clients and / or shipments
• The Forms and Formats including (but not limited to) letters of protest, letters of invitation to attend joint tallies, models of reports etc to be used by the local surveyors
• Loss Prevention Plans, worked out to cover specific needs.
The General Procedure Manual is regularly updated / amended to keep pace with developments in the Marine , Insurance and Energy markets.
Also, past experience will be considered, and where appropriate, amendments will be made to the General Procedure Manual. This in order to keep our standards to the highest possible Industry levels.